Why Is Customer Relationship Management So Important To Roi And Success?
Here’s a positive voice amongst the gloom: ‘Recession is about change and with change comes opportunity.’ Marketing is no exception to this.
What is the change? As marketers seek more immediate ROI, there has been a definite shift of focus from brand building to sales-based activities such as lead generation.
And the opportunity? To adopt a new approach that makes you stand out more than ever. On this point, I was recently discussing the role of research in lead generation with Lindsay Willott of The Marketing Practice. The roles can be seen in full on her blog (blog.themarketingpractice.com). But here are three questions you might like to consider when planning your next campaign:
- Do you fully understand who makes decisions about your product? And if so, how? Often the presumed ‘decision-maker’ really just follows someone else’s recommendation. But you can dramatically improve your success rate if you know who really drives supplier choice and their hot buttons.
- Are you able to open the discussion by talking about them, not you? Prospects are much more likely to sit up and take notice if you share information of value. These can include insights into their market and how their brand is perceived or identifying a new opportunity. Only then do you earn the right to talk about how you can benefit them.
- Are you farming the customers you already have? Often it’s the case that suppliers are pigeonholed. Worse still, they rarely seek more business. Here are three simple questions you should ask every critical account:
- Do you know about all the services we offer?
- What would make you buy more from us?
- Who else in your organization should we be talking to?
So let’s view the current turbulence as an opportunity, and make the most of knowledge as our most important ally.